Inspired by Nature – using herbs to brighten up your day 25th May 2017 – Posted in: Lifestyle
The herb bath at Rather Lovely HQ really is a bath (complete with taps!). It makes a fabulous planter and contains the mint which would otherwise go rampant over the rest of the plot. Essential oils from herbs such as lavender, rosemary, peppermint, clary sage and thyme feature strongly in our product range, we simply can’t get enough of them. Our company ethos is inspired by nature and herbs are the unsung hereos of the summer garden.
We’d like you to be inspired by nature too and here are 5 things you can do with herbs to brighten up any day:
- Refresh your memory – find a quiet spot in the garden, rub a spring of rosemary between your fingers and let your memory run wild. Rosemary is for remembrance and you’ll be amazed by what comes into your mind.
- Enjoy a cuppa – make yourself a glass of mint tea, either hot or cold, whichever you prefer. Sit down with a good book and chill, literally, as mint has a cooling effect on the body.
- Pep up your salads – with fresh basil. Its leaves are chock full of antioxidants and other wonderful phytonutrients which help support digestive health.
- Relax in a lavender bath. – traditional uses are often the best and essential oil of lavender has been used for centuries to soothe sunburned skin, ease aches and pains and promote a good nights sleep.
- Spruce up your smile – steep a few sage leave in warm water, discard the leaves and use the remaining liquid as a mouthwash. Sage has antibacterial properties, it battles plaque to prevent and cure damage from tooth decay, and can help clean out oral sores.